Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lesson in judging Others - The Hawk Dream

Hello everyone.  I thought it might be neat to share this dream I had years ago, about judging others.  The insight was very humbling.   I wish I were able to say I learned my lesson from it, but I am still human and catch myself still making the same "visual" mistakes on occasion despite my amazing experience.  Here is what happened:

Moments after falling asleep, I came up and out of my body flying into the night sky.  There is an elderly Native American women floating by my side.  Suddenly, my spirit goes into the body of a huge redtail hawk. I instantly have the vision of the hawk and can feel my enormous wings off to the sides soaring in the night sky. I begin to semi-panic inside at the new experience not sure how it happened.   I hear the elderly woman say to me "when you feel fear open your mouth and screech, releasing the fear from within," which I did, numerous times, entranced by the amazing sound emanating from my mouth. As I was soaring, suddenly "beings"  from somewhere else come up alongside me and fly by as well which seemed very normal to me.  Suddenly, these two very funny looking"beings" appear and my VERY first thoughts are "wow, they look really odd" and kind of chuckle to myself.  Moments later, the elderly women scolds me with these words  "How can you judge someone much wiser and more advanced than yourself  based on their appearance?"  My spirit was instantly taken out of the hawk and put back into my own sleeping body. I immediately woke up and opened my eyes, very disappointed in myself that I had "failed" my test.  I was sorry I had disappointed the elder, mentally apologizing to her for my weakness and vowing I would do my best not to do it again in my waking state.

I will never forget her words & try to instill the same ideas to my children.

I have learned our eyes are our biggest handicap blinding us to see things as they really are! We should be feeling and judging with our hearts, not our eyes.