Friday, July 22, 2011

Cool Dream Connection with My Son & Daughter

Yeah, Happy Friday to all,

 Hope everyone is doing well and staying cool during these very hot times.   I'd like to share a really neat connection that occurred with my son early this morning.  Last night after a rough night of not being able to sleep from the heat and a stomach ache, I finally fell asleep at 6am this morning and began to dream.  Tessa and I were floating down a river having fun in the rough waves.  Suddenly,  a young grizzly bear appeared on the banks.and was staring right at me.  Tessa jumped out on the opposite side of the river, but the bear didn't bother her, because he was too preoccupied with me. To my dismay,  the bear entered the water and came right towards me. I instantly went to the bottom of a deep pool holding my breathe trying to avoid his claws and his teeth for what felt like an eternity.   The bears paws were just touching my head, when I woke up with this clear image in my mind.  I shared this dream with Tess as we walked before I left Fort Collins.

At 3 pm, I finally arrived home, hot and exhausted, but relaxed. At 4pm the phone rang.   It was my son Maury, who has been in high country all week working for Rocky Mountain Youth Corp building trails for a 5 week stint.  He proceeded to tell me, that at  6am or so this morning, the crew woke up to find a young bear trying to get into their food trailer so the kids had to chase him (or her) out and back into the wilderness.

Wow, pretty neat!   I have no doubt, I am staying near and dear to Maury at a soul level while he is out in the wilderness explaining why I am beyond exhausted when I wake up in the mornings. Funny thing is, I have always referred to my kids as my own two bear cubs, even tattooing a bear paw on my right foot when my oldest bear cub Tessa, grew up and left for college 3 years ago.  Still the bear is in our lives as is the connection to my son (& daughter) despite the distances between us.

Namaste