Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Dreams of Snakes and Horses..........

Lately, I've been having lots of dreams with snakes in them.  Funny cause I usually don't dream of snakes and love to hold snakes and let them crawl all over me.  My brother Kirk & I have always had this love and fascination with snakes.  About a two weeks ago, I began dreaming of snakes. In my first dream, I consciously woke up in my dream standing on the top step of a big swimming pool filled with really clear blue water.  I instantly noticed there was this huge snake almost as long as the pool itself swimming away from me.  I couldn't help but feel a little fear just on its size alone.  When it reached the other end of the pool, it turned and began swimming right towards me.  I could see its' eyes watching me just below the surface.  Right when the snake got to the step I was on I woke up startled at the clarity of its eyes and kinda shaking at its size. I knew it was trying to tell me something, but I didn't know what.

Then, two nights ago, I dreamed I walk into this room in an adobe type structure.  There are two big snakes slithering along the floor, one I recognized as a bull snake and the other one I did not know.  I jumped up on the nearest chair when suddenly the unknown snake suddenly started lunging up at me trying to bite me.  I kept jumping out of its' way, narrowly escaping it's fangs.   When it tired of me, it went over to the bull snake and began to fight briefly on the floor with it.  When they tired of that, the mystery snake came back over to me and again tried everything to reach me. I screamed and woke up.  

Upon wakening, I decided I had enough of my snake dreams.  They were obviously trying to tell me something so I grabbed a book I have on Native American symbology of animals and began to read.

This is what snake said  "Snake medicine people are very rare.  Their initiation involves experiencing and living through multiple snake bites, which allows them to transmute all poisons, be they mental, physical, spiritual, or emotional.  The power of snake medicine is the power of creation, for it embodies sexuality, psychic energy, alchemy, reproduction , and ascension (or immortality).  The transmutation of the life-death- rebirth cycle is exemplified by the shedding of Snake's skin.  It is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance.  It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation, and that those things which might be experienced as poison can be eaten, ingested, integrated, and transmuted if one has the proper state of mind. ...Complete understanding and acceptance of the male and female within each organism creates a melding of the two into one, thereby producing divine energy.  This medicine teaches you on a personal level that you are a universal being.  Through accepting all aspects of your life, you can bring about the transmutation of the fire medicine. This fire energy, when functioning on the material plane, creates passion, desire, procreation, and physical vitality.....There is a need within you to transmute some thought, action or desire so that wholeness may be achieved. This is heavy magic, but remember magic is no more than a change in consciousness..."from The Discovery of Power through the Ways of Animals by Jamie Sams & David Carson.   Again, the message of shedding the old skin (or ways) and accepting  the new changes as a snake does its' skin comes to me in another form.

Right after my snake dream, I then dreamed of a huge black, beautiful horse standing in front of me. I began to brush its fur, amazed its back was easily a foot taller than myself. Every time it moved, I was extra careful, even a bit afraid because just on its size alone could easily break my foot if it stepped on me.  After a few minutes of being brushed, this magnificent horse, with a really long black main and forelock,  turned to face me square on.  I noticed legs covered in deer skin and fringes with moccasins on his feet, hanging from his back but I could not see the rest of the riders body.   Instantly, I knew this horse loved me and seemed to know me well.  As I used to with my gorgeous Palomino many years ago, we began blowing into eachother's faces ever so gently.  I blew into his large muzzle with my mouth, and he blew into my eyes and my face gently with his nose feeling his whiskers tickling my cheek.  I could feel an amazing bond of love between us. Then I woke up. 


In all honesty, my thoughts went instantly back to Gall and I wondered if this was the horse he rode (I rode). He seemed to be delivering a message to me and reminding me of the affection we had for eachother long ago.  I also began to read about Horse in the same book I mentioned above.  This is a shortened version of what it said  "Horse is physical power and unearthly power.  In shamanic practices throughout the world, horse enables shamans to fly through the air and reach heaven.  ....Once humans climbed on horse's back, they were as free and fleet as the wind.  They could carry burdens for great distances with ease.  Through their special relationship with horse, humans altered their self-concept beyond measures........"

Wow, powerful dreams, powerful times.   I hope you all  will pay attention to what is being shown to you in the dreamtime as well.

Namaste


When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy