Monday, November 21, 2011

A Little History to the Missing Time Posts....

Dear all,
      I'm glad, there are so many, that are enjoying reading my stories.  I enjoy sharing them just as much.  The one that seems to be of a big interest to a number of people, is the post on the 6 hours of missing time on my drive to Sedona.  I indicated I had no idea what occurred or what caused it, but the honest truth is, I do know.  I just haven't had the nerve "to go there" with the general public yet as to what causes this to happen. I'm seeing it may be time to reconsider to maintain my credibility and truth. 

In fact and in truth, this isn't the first time this has happened to me. (Sedona was the most disorienting though)  In 2005, my two kids and I decided to go see the re-enactment of The Battle of Little Bighorn up in Hardin, Montana. We "mapquested" the directions with an estimated time of a little over 7 hours.  Somehow, we arrived in 5 hours, totally shocked and wondering why.  After the performance, that broke my heart and left me despondent, my kids and I packed up our camping gear and headed for home.  The first realization something was really wrong or crazy with the trip, that totally shocked all 3 of us, was the city of Sheridan.  WE NEVER SAW it, on the way there.  In fact, we were so shocked to see it on the sides of our route, we wondered if we took a wrong turn somewhere. Much to our bewilderment,  we were on the same road as we were driving up there.  Also, our drive home took over 7 hours, which is what it was supposed to take in the first place.  To this day we still talk about it.

 The second real obvious time it occurred, was about 2 years ago.  My son, his friend and myself needed to drive from Fort Collins, CO, to a small town on the Front Range (1.5 hours away) to pick up an advertised free ping pong table from a nice farming couple.  We left my daughter's home at 1 pm and arrived to our destination at 2:30; right on time.  Coming home was a whole nother story. We left this home at 3:00 after loading the table in to the back of our truck. To the utter shock of the 3 of us, we found ourselves still driving on the exact same highway at 8:45 pm that night!. We had lost (6) hours of time and still had not arrived home. We actually did not arrive back to my daughter's until 9:00 pm. A total of 6 lost hours. Stranger yet, my son's little hand held game had not lost one bar of power and was still on. To say we were totally dumbfounded is an understatement.  We had no idea what had happened and wondered what my daughter would say when we told her what time we had left to begin our drive home.  It didn't scare my son or I, but it did a number on my son's best friend.  In fact, I don't think his parents ever let him go anywhere with us again.

 The missing time this last trip wasn't that unusual, but how I ended up off the road where I began, is. Maybe, after I finish writing about the amazing people I met in Sedona, and the terrific class I attended, I will go to this completely new subject area. I'll have to give it much thought.

Happy Monday night to all.

Kerrie