Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Journey to Sedona, beginning with the Wall and the Kiva at Edge of the Cedars State Park (part 1)

Namaste,
     
I'm not even sure where to begin on the experiences that led me to Sedona, Arizona last week from 11/04-11/12.  The whole quest was totally surreal from the time I left home  to the time I pulled back in to the garage.  In hind sight, I see now that the adventure began before I even left home in order to take a Past Life Regression certification course. The adventure really began when I dreamed of the warriors on the red sand stone cliffs and my old friends from the Battle of Little Bighorn, and being with the wise elderly Native American man in what I realize now was a kiva. The tsunami dream was a metaphoric warning for what was about to happen to me on this trip.  Who would guess such a journey could really exist, except in a Tony Hillerman or Lynn Andrews book.  But it did.  Everything I am about to write about is true with numerous friends as witnesses (with the exception of the missing time event.) The week and the meetings with dear old souls from a time long gone are so surreal, it feels like it did not even occur in this dimension. How could it?  It's the stuff dreams are made of!
     
Two days prior to leaving, my dear friend Mary told me she would going down to Sedona a few days after me, to attend a concert given by Shekina and her friend Tom. I have not listened to Shekina, but once, but I would not forget that name because of its uniqueness. I filed this information away in my mind.  My initial excitement for this trip was to go to Edge of the Cedars State Park in Blanding, Utah, to find the kiva I had dreamed about and to see the rock wall with the petroglyphs , that I saw in my vision.  Five hours after leaving home on Friday November 4th, I finally arrived to an empty parking lot around 3:00 pm. My fear was that the museum was closed but fortunately it was not. I had two hours to do whatever was waiting for me.  As I entered the front door, the only person in sight was a kind gray haired woman around 50 working behind the desk.  The museum was as silent as a desert canyon, with ancient Anasazi artifacts safely in display cases and on the walls.   After speaking with this woman for a few minutes, she pointed me to the stairs that I would have to go up to get to the wall covered with symbols on it and then pointed out back to the direction of the only kiva in the park. I was very antsy to get to my destination. As I quietly approached the wall, my heart nearly stopped.  There in front of me were the exact same symbols I had seen in my vision on October 29th; this time though they were on a wall, not a rock,  the exact same color and size with the dark yellow border surrounding it. It was so surreal I had to ask myself if I was dreaming.   Once again, I outlined the symbols with my actual fingers and silently asked myself "what is happening to me" "why did this wall and kiva call to me?" Tears welled up in my throat as I was humbled to my core. The only sounds were that of my whispering voice in the museum. After spending an unknown amount of time in front of this wall, I kissed my fingers and carefully touched the wall, saying goodbye to this symbol letting me know I had arrived where I was supposed to be.  It was the kiva that I needed to descend into.  I quietly turned and followed the darkened hallway leading to the exit door.  The air outside was cold, like an approaching snowstorm and the wind throwing my untamed red hair all over the place.  I noticed the weight of the black backpack I was wearing, reminding me of the days of my youth hiking far into the wilderness areas. As I approached the kiva sight, the hair on the back of my neck stood up when I instantly recognized the square entrance to the sacred chamber. It was exactly as I saw six nights earlier, alone and calling to me. When I got on the stocky wooden ladder to descend in to the sacred earthen structure,  I silently laughed at how much easier it was to descend in spirit, than with my bulky, obtrusive pack behind me; the silence and feelings totally unreal. The peace and simpleness of the kiva again humbled me to the core. As I entered, I  kindly said hello to "grandfather" I had seen in my vision but not with my eyes. I sat down in the center near the base of the stairs happily becoming one with the soft red cool dirt still in shock such a place really existed.   I asked him to help me understand why I had been called to this sacred location by such a wise soul.   I took out my beaded braintanned medicine pouch, I had made many years ago and began to rub a few of my sacred possessions in to the earth and in to the leather of the bag, even rubbing red sand in to my beaded mocassions I, too had made many years ago squaw stitching a blue bear paw on one foot and a yellow buffalo head on the other. I took off my strong bear claw necklace from around my neck,  I had made many years ago and rubbed it to into the sacred earth acknowledging to the earth we would become one. I then laid flat on my back, eyes closed ready to hear whatever was waiting for me to hear.  After moments of silence, suddenly I just knew this kiva was a reminder to how we need to live in the future.  How we need to reconnect to the simple ways of living with the earth, instead of against it.  Deep in this round kiva, a family could easily sleep on animal hides and cook simple meals in the fire pit safe from the elements above. Dances and ceremonies would be simple and natural; laughter permeating this structure. How then, I asked myself, have we gotten, as a species so off course; living completely against the earth way?!!!  I found myself apologizing to Mother Nature once again, since I find myself doing so almost daily. Now, it even meant more to me, tears welling up into my eyes.  When my thoughts quieted, I noticed the light above starting to wane and I knew it was time for me to leave this precious place and continue on my journey to Sedona. I said good bye to grandfather that resided in another dimension in this sacred place and told him  I was honored he called to me and promised I would do my best to hear the lessons from the other world.
    
I experienced great sadness walking away from this underground dwelling and entered back into the museum guarding it.  I needed someone to share with, so I found myself standing alone with Madalyn, the kind woman working behind the counter with not another soul in sight.  This too was magical, for only after a few moments of talking with each other we recognized one another from another time and another place now gone.  I told her my story about the dream leading me to the kiva, and she shared her story, about how a dream led her as well to a sacred location only minutes from where we were standing.  She even had a picture of it on her cell phone which she shared me.  She knew from her dream, she was a Protector of the Sacred Sites, and of the Ancient Souls now walking around in human form.  I knew she was right and instantly felt love and kindness for her especially because I felt the same way. As in my vision, I just met one of the warriors from the red sand stone canyon.  I asked her to say hi to grandfather for me every day and thanked her for taking care of such a sacred, sacred spot. We agreed to always stay in contact with each other which we all ready have, and I'm sure will for days and years to come.  Thank you Great Spirit for this amazing experience and to you Madalyn for your beautiful soul.  I am so happy to see you again!!!!  (Part 2 will be about my 3.5 hours of missing time, after leaving the kiva;  ending up on a Navajo reservation in the middle of the night totally lost)