Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Closure to a Terrifying Story & Despite How Old You May Be

Happy very hot Wednesday to everyone,

I haven't posted for a few days due to my quiet nights of dreaming but two very cool things have occurred in the last two days I'd like to share.  First being, once I realized whom had stalked me 31 years ago and how close I came to dying a brutal death, something deep inside was nagging me.  I needed "closure" to what had occurred.  I needed to know how Angelo Buono had been stopped and also to say thank you to the detectives who captured him and his cousin. Sooooo last week,  I got on the internet and researched the detectives name on the case and called the LA Sheriffs Dep't where they had worked. Of course, they're all  retired now, but unbelievably, the main investigator's son now works there giving me the chance to leave a message hoping to speak to his father.   To my surprise, the phone rang yesterday and it was the actual detective that arrested the Hillside Stranglers.  After talking for approximately 10 minutes with me sharing my experience with one of them, I was able after 31 years to say thank you for what he had done by capturing them, because if Angelo hadn't been caught when he was, I probably wouldn't have been here today.  The detective was very nice, but it was still discomforting to know how close they were to where we lived.  Yikes---but that my friends is the end of that chapter!  Closure and how good it feels!

All in all, #1) you're never too old to learn new things or to accomplish dreams in your life and #2) it seems everything in our lives really do have a purpose whether we can understand them at the time or not and #3) being brutally honest & ethical in your life really does have its rewards, though at times you may question them.  If you truly have faith in a Higher Power and yourself, (and try your best to walk the Good Red Road), the Higher Power always seems to come to the rescue....Truly amazing.  Blessings to all.