Monday, February 20, 2012

The Complexities & Responsibilites of a Soulmate.........................

Hello Everyone,

 It's a sunny beautiful day which always helps the spirit following days of gray clouds and snowy skies. I'm sorry I have not been posting about dreams, but very, very oddly for me, my lucid or vision dreaming is still in a rest period, or so it seems, but philosophical thoughts still permeate my brain during the days after a good nights sleep. Lately, the concept of soul mates seems to be wafting through my mind once again demanding attention.

 For me, a soul mate is literally the soul's other half-the yin to my yang though I know a lot  of folks refer to this as the twin soul, but for me that is not the case.  A twin soul to me are my friends that seem to be exactly like myself in thoughts, spirit and even life patterns; a group at the same vibrational frequency as myself life time after life time.  I have a number of twin souls that lift up my life and make me laugh at the insanity of having others so similar in spirit.  There's Carla, her daughter Laurie, my kids Tessa & Maury, Dick (we belong in the same pea pod together), Mary, Judy, Tawnya and my warrior friend Liz, whom I call Crazy Horse & of course Mel, who is scarily like the male side of myself.  These friends & I have NO doubt, experienced a number of lifetimes together as native warriors. We all have different personalities, lifestyles, etc,,, but there is this deep common thread or rather "knowing" amongst us all binding us together lifetime after lifetime. In a battle, I wouldn't hesitate to say, I'd trust my life to any of them so to speak. Some have this brutally tough spirit and with out doubt were hellions in our past lives together with little fear of death. It seems we all knew & know now at some level, there is no such thing as death and that courage & honor were & are highly valued and still hold those ideals to this day.. These are my twin souls.

Now, the soul mate to me is another story all together.  I get the impression most people "dream" of meeting their soul mate-expecting it will be eternal happiness and bliss from that point on.   Once you meet your soul mate, if ever, you live happily ever after.Right? THE ONE. THE PERFECT MATCH.  I don't think so and I'm not saying this out of the air, I'm saying this from experience. Assuming I'm right, that the soul mate is the yin to the yang, the soul's literal other half, that to me means a brutally harsh dichotomy (separation of different or contradictory things.) of the souls.  Visualize the symbol of a Yin-Yang. One side is primarily white with a small circle of black within it, and the other side is primarily black with a small circle of white in it, though together they make up the whole.  The completion. A soul mate is the exact same concept.  Just as the earth experiences the days as well as nights, for a cycle; they obviously make up the whole though never occurring together.

Now, how many of you, feel something is missing deep inside of you, even if you are married, or single? There's this profound abyss inside yearning for something to fill it, yet you don't know what it is that is missing? My guess is, it's your soul desperately seeking to meet its' other half of its self. It knows its out there somewhere, either in the physical or in the spirit, but it is out there waiting to come together once again.

When I was married to my kid's dad, despite the fact I should have been grateful to have a husband that was home every night, didn't drink and was very financially responsible, I "felt" that horrible yearning. Day after day,  year after year  I knew deep down something or someone was missing, but I didn't know whom or what it was. Then I met my soul mate. A man I had literally dreamed about night after night for years prior to meeting him (this is what my book is about). The only person I can honestly say,  the first time we ever kissed I KNEW I WAS FINALLY HOME! My soul had met its' other half and I knew I couldn't or wouldn't ever love anyone again the same way I loved him.

Then the dichotomy of the soul mate began to appear in our life after our first year of being together.  The opposites of ourselves in our life styles, temperaments, etc began to emerge & great conflict began to rear its ugly head. Emily Bronte who wrote "Wuthering Heights" is the only person I know of that captured the true essence of the soul mate and soon enough I lived to experience what she wrote about. The insanely passionate love and desire, yet the inability to live or be together due to the opposite side of ourselves. The devastation at separating, then having to figure out how to go on in life knowing you can't be together, yet knowing there's no one else you could ever love that way again. The thoughts of that person forever haunting you, in a way that drives you crazy, or so it feels. Ooohhhh the soul mate.

 After 10 years, of not understanding the complexities of a soul mate, I had a dream one night. 

In this dream, my soul mate was standing so confidently in front of a class teaching. I was very shocked to see him doing so. Then he turned towards me and smiled with a love that permeated my soul.  Right then I understood. He was my teacher in Unconditional Love, as I was a teacher to him. To love someone totally opposite of ourselves unconditionally.  I woke up in my bed smiling and said a silent thank you to him and to the Great Spirit for helping me understand.

The understanding didn't stop the yearning for him even years after we separated, but it did explain the significance of a soul mate. This I believe is the way God loves us as well!!! Unconditionally"!  And I mean the earth, and all its' creations - not just the human race by any stretch.

Many times, I prayed for the separation of our souls, to release me of the burden of his & to free me completely --- but in prayer while high upon a mountain just last weekend, I somehow knew to spiritually kill off my soul mate was to kill off myself. One can't exist without the other, just as day can't exist without night and good can't exist without evil. The job or sacrifice of the soul mate in the light is to hold the cord as tight as possible so the other half in the darkness isn't lost. It is the ultimate sacrifice to me made. Both sides experience  light and dark, thus continuing the balance of life. The silver cord is that which binds the two sides as one, into a God state. Life isn't about always being carefree & happy. It's also about making sacrifices & suffering for the sake of the other half.  Now, I understand the suffering God or the Great Spirit must feel for us as well.

Namaste